Solar My School
Lots of local schools want solar power but don’t know where to start. Solar My School is a free Council program to help local schools navigate a path to solar success, from start to finish.
Run as an Eastern Suburbs initiative, Solar My School helps primary and secondary schools choose the right solar power system, set them up with a reliable installer, and provides materials to teach students about the benefits of solar.
That way the schools, with the help of their community, can get solar connected, solar smart and fast-track the journey to cheap, green energy.
Already over 15 schools in our region are on their way to doing just that.
Why Solar My School?
Schools are ideal for solar because they use energy during the day when the sun is pumping out its energy-generating rays. When you can use the power at the time it’s created then it’s free!
Switching to solar energy helps reduce our environmental impact, and also helps schools to cut energy expenses.
We can help with:
- A free independent solar assessment (valued at $1,000) to recommend the best size and location for solar panels
- Estimates on how much the system will cost, financial incentives and the amount of energy and money your school can save
- Advice on funding and payment options.
- Finding and selecting a quality system from a trusted installer
- Teaching materials linked to curriculum
- Promoting your school’s solar project to your school community and more widely.
Benefits for schools
- Free Council support and advice from go to woe
- Access to cheaper green energy
- Reducing school’s carbon footprint
- Demonstrating environmental leadership in the community
- Educational resources for students
Email Nicola Saltman, Senior Environment Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9083 8023. We’ll be in contact to organise a meeting and run through your program and your questions.
Be quick – while you can access current financial incentives and support available.
Waverley, Woollahra and Randwick councils are jointly running this program. It strongly supports the councils’ mission to reduce carbon emissions across the region, and enable the community to access renewable energy.
Solar My School by the Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra Councils is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://reduceyourfootprint.com.au/projects/solar-my-school/.
Notification of the use of this license, number of schools involved and kW solar PV installed is required on a half-yearly basing via email to email@example.com