The 10% Challenge

Do you want to reduce your household energy bill but don't know where to start?

Many people don’t realise that saving fuel and energy is very easy to do. That’s where The 10% Challenge can help.

Whether you are a one person household, a share house of friends or a family of ten, you’ll be joining individuals, businesses and the 3-Councils who have already accepted the challenge to save energy and reduce Australia's carbon footprint.

 

How does it work?

The 10% Challenge will help you to save money by conserving energy and fuel in three easy steps:

  1. Use the online 10% Calculator to add up your energy and fuel costs – input data from their bills and car odometer to find out how much they spend on energy and fuel every year. The calculator then shows you how much money a 10%, 20% and 30% cut can save.
  2. Make the 10% Pledge - signing up enables you to receive info, monthly tips and incentives that show you how to save energy, save money and achieve your 10% reduction in fuel and energy use.
  3. Make the changes to your day-to-day life at home, work or school.

It's that simple and what's so positive about The 10% Challenge is that it's something everyone can do.

Sign up now!

 

 

Taking the lead...

In February 2012, the mayors of Woollahra, Waverley and Randwick councils met to sign a joint letter addressed to every local council across Australia inviting them to join The 10% Challenge. More..

The 10% Challenge is being run by Do Something! in partnership with CHOICE. The Campaign's director is Do Something Managing Director Jon Dee, the NSW Australian of the Year for 2010 and co-founder of Planet Ark.